Childhood Memories

I am Doris Oden Darrow, born in the late 1920s in a coastal suburb of Los Angeles, California, known as Venice. In the 1980s, my grown children asked me to write down as many memories from my childhood as I could. In 1987 I sat down at our old Royal typewriter and began my first blog. It is reproduced here, as faithfully as possible. The dates are manufactured, as Blogger's tools only allow dates as far back as Jan 1, 1999.

Monday, October 04, 1999

No Show

At Girl's Camp at the Presbyterian Conference Grounds in Pacific Palisades, I gave my first public testimony. It was at the campfire meeting.

When I claimed that I was a Christian and would "never go to shows" everyone laughed. I thought they laughed because they didn't think that going to shows was sinful, like I did.

Maybe it was because I was the littlest girl there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home