Childhood Memories

I am Doris Oden Darrow, born in the late 1920s in a coastal suburb of Los Angeles, California, known as Venice. In the 1980s, my grown children asked me to write down as many memories from my childhood as I could. In 1987 I sat down at our old Royal typewriter and began my first blog. It is reproduced here, as faithfully as possible. The dates are manufactured, as Blogger's tools only allow dates as far back as Jan 1, 1999.

Friday, October 01, 1999

University Bible Church

Daddy did a lot of printing for Milo F. Jamison's Bible Fellowship, and the University Bible Church, in Westwood. The church was familiar with W.T. Oden and all of his kids.

One Christmas, a huge cardboard box was brought to our house, from the folks at UBC. One gift was a huge, pink, wooden doll cradle, and two little, woven wood, doll chairs. My sister Rachel claimed one, and I the other. (My little doll chair can be seen in the home-movie of my daughters Janice and Joanne with the pink cradle.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home