Childhood Memories

I am Doris Oden Darrow, born in the late 1920s in a coastal suburb of Los Angeles, California, known as Venice. In the 1980s, my grown children asked me to write down as many memories from my childhood as I could. In 1987 I sat down at our old Royal typewriter and began my first blog. It is reproduced here, as faithfully as possible. The dates are manufactured, as Blogger's tools only allow dates as far back as Jan 1, 1999.

Friday, September 17, 1999

Mom and Daddy

When Mom rocked me to sleep, she would sing songs like All His Jewels, Precious Jewels, Bright Gems for His Crown, and Hushabye My Little Owlet.

Daddy held me on his lap when a preacher came to preach to our neighbors in our living room. I asked Daddy about the Holy Ghost. Daddy explained Who He is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home